Managing Transportation operations is a challenge for supply chain managers and transportation managers. Without business metrics controlling the performance of business operations in supply chain organizations and transportation is nearly impossible. Key performance metrics help managers to get insights in managing transport operations.
Here are the top freight KPIs in Transport Management
- Freight cost per unit shipped: This KPI is used to understand the overall freight spend for your organization
- Transportation time: Transportation time is measured to the expected shipment arrival versus Actual delivery time for each shipment.
- Freight Cost versus Claims: This KPI is used to know total loss in freight claims by the overall freight costs helps measure safe delivery for each shipper and carrier.
- Trailer Utilization Rate: This KPI is used to measure trailer utilization and this indicates loading optimization concerns or problems and allows for better load planning. If shippers are under filling trailers, they are overspending funds.
- Truck turnaround rate: This KPI is used to calculate Truck round time by measuring the average time it takes between the arrival of the truck and its exit.
- On-time pickups: This KPI is used to calculate on-time pickups by the number of pickups made by the total number of loads sent in a period. With this, you can evaluate the performance of the carrier
- Cost per Pound: This KPI is used to calculate the cost per round of a truck by measures gross net with total weight moved each month/quarter to show the buying and usage patterns to customers.
- Delay of shipments: This KPI helps to display the number of shipment are delayed
- Shipment cancellation: This KPI helps to know the shipment cancellation.
How we can help you?
About fruiSCE Transport Management
fruiSCETM TMS is a comprehensive solution for supply chain organizations with a focus on transport and logistics operations. Key features include transport order processing, shipment management, freight management, document management, and all transport operations suitable for all parties in logistics.
Data Labs India is a digital transformation company helps organizations to achieve supply chain excellence through robust supply chain business processes and cutting edge technologies; empowered by AI and IoT. Our highly innovative solutions and products for end-to-end supply chain planning and operations make our clients truly competitive.